My year in New Zealand is almost done and I have compiled a list of pros of the two countries I have lived in:
United States Pros:
- There are drive thru banks for ATMs and to deposit checks.
- You can pay at the gas (or petrol) station without needing to go inside.
- Unlimited internet! You do not buy an amount of internet unlike in New Zealand, when you pay for internet, you get however much you want.
- I miss Gap, H&M and All Saints
New Zealand Pros:
- There are no pennies or even nickels It is heaven not to have 1 cent in my pockets anymore!
- People tend to be friendlier and more relaxed.
- Traffic is a joke compared to the States. I have never stayed stuck in traffic over an hour in New Zealand plus parking is a lot easier to find. The States is an entirely different story
If you ever plan to visit or live in New Zealand, here is a chart to understand their accent (though after a year, these pronunciations sound more Australian). If you don’t learn anything, at least it is pretty funny!
Have you ever lived in a different country? What have you noticed that is different? Comment below!